The Art Dealers Association of Canada (ADAC) is excited to announce that this October 26-31st it will be presenting a Toronto Gallery Week. This online and in person initiative supports and promotes galleries in the city with ongoing or special in-gallery programming, including those who are hosting other galleries in their spaces during this exciting week.
Responding to new challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, the ADAC is working to launch initiatives such as this to help galleries, adapt, recalibrate, and re-engage as the country moves into further stages of re-opening. An inherent part of this mission is promoting commercial galleries as safe destinations to engage in arts & culture – trusting experts, and trusting the return to visiting galleries.
The Toronto Gallery Week will leverage the excitement around what is traditionally an art week in Toronto, complimenting the anticipated return of Art Toronto that weekend at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. As Canadian art collectors and enthusiasts from the city and across the country once again converge in Toronto we invite you to join us as a participant in the Toronto Gallery Week.
Hosted online on the innovative Gallery Weekend platform, the Toronto Gallery Week will have its own branded website that will be inclusive of the following.
- Listing of participating galleries & Pop-up gallery events*.
- Gallery profiles, with;
- Gallery location, hours and hyperlinks to your website and social channels.
- Brief written gallery profile.
- Brief written statement about the current exhibition(s) on during the event dates.
- Maximum 4 artwork images promoting the exhibition(s).
- Pop-up Gallery Event listings, with;
- Names of galleries participating in the pop-up, including hyperlinks to websites and social channels.
- Brief statement about the pop-up including location and hours.
- Exhibition titles and artists included per gallery participating.
- Maximum 8 artwork images promoting the pop-up.
- Interactive maps & location information.
- Listings for marquee talks, opening/closing events, and tours occurring in the gallery during the event days (limit to two listings per participating gallery or pop-up, must be a time-bound event).
In addition to the online platform the ADAC is planning an integrated marketing campaign including media relations, emails, paid digital and printed advertising. Marketing assets will also be provided to participants to add to these efforts.
*Pop-up Gallery Events are for those Toronto galleries who will be hosting one or more galleries from outside of the GTA.
Galleries are encouraged to complete the form found HERE to express their interest in participating by Friday September 10th.
Following this deadline all galleries will be notified of how to submit the content of their Gallery or Pop-up Event Profiles by Friday October 1st.
Further Information & Questions
The ADAC is pleased to announce that Emily-Jean Alexander will be joining as the Gallery Liaison for the Toronto Gallery Week beginning Tuesday September 7th through the event dates, and she may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions about the event please feel free to contact us at this email address.